Rolling Counter Fire Doors
Counter fire-rated doors are installed in places where, unfortunately, fires are likely to occur. In fact, they are required by code for fire, fire barrier and smoke barrier walls. Think of lunchrooms, concession stands, and the like. In these situations, you want counter fire doors that can compartmentalize the fire as well as prevent fire and smoke spread as quickly and effectively as possible. Our counter fire-rated doors are up to the task.
AlarmGard Rolling Fire Shutters are structural separations used to prevent the spread of fire and smoke throughout a building. They provide automatic closing in the event of fire detection with safely governed speed control. Our reliable alarm-activated AlarmGard rolling fire-rated doors are Factory Mutual Approved, listed with the California Office of the State Fire Marshal, and are UL Listed for ¾, 1 ½, 3 and 4 hours of fire protection. AlarmGard fire shutter doors are also designed for daily use to provide security and access control and are approved for openings that are not part of a required means of egress.
The AlarmGard Closing System activates electrically by either the central fire alarm system or by local smoke detectors. When this occurs, the integrated release device safely allows the fire-rated doors to close without loss of spring tension. This product is ideal for applications where there is minimal wall space for ancillary devices, or where the coil box must be recessed into the ceiling construction for functionality or aesthetics.
Counter fire shutters provide a number of benefits, including:
- UL Labeled: Up to 3 hours of fire protection
- Compact Design: Curtain wraps in coil supported by side guides
- Durability: Commercial duty design; little to no routine maintenance
- Fast Shipping:Most standard counter fire shutters ship within in one to two weeks
Choosing a fire shutter closing system is just as important as choosing a fire shutter. The advanced AlarmGard Closing System, available for fire shutters in motor, tubular motor, chain or crank, is recommended for the highest reliability and lowest cost of ownership with an unmatched simplicity of meeting annual test and reset requirements.
AlarmGard Closing System Benefits:
- Closes fire door when alarm sounds – no need for separate and visually distracting release device or fusible link
- Hands-free automatic resetting and automatic open capability upon alarm clearing reduces downtime by 100%
- Smaller headroom clearance than competitors on the market
- Safe, controlled closing speed
- Cornell AlarmGard motor, chain and crank operators are UL listed and approved for retrofit to most manufacturers’ fire doors while maintaining their fire protection rating and listing label
AlarmGard Closing System Features:
- Selectable time delay
- Automatic reopen option
- Integrated failsafe release device
- Internal centrifugal governor
Integral Frame and Sill Benefits:
Designed with reduced coil, bracket and header size (8” minimum) to fit tight clearances. These shutters provide a:
- Sleek Look: Without the exposed edges of a typical non-integral unit and with the addition of jamb and head trim pieces, this Counter Shutter offers the cleanest look available.
- Easy Installation Process: These slip-in units are ready to be set into existing walls, eliminating the need to coordinate installation during wall construction. Built-in units wrap around both sides of the wall opening and installation can be done while the wall is under construction.
Standard Materials and Finishes
Counter Fire Shutter curtains are available in:
- 22 gauge galvanized steel
- Exclusive GalvaNex™ finish in gray, tan or white
- 22 gauge 304 series stainless steel
AlarmGard Rolling Counter Fire Shutters are for use in rated masonry or drywall construction (wood or metal studs).